Historic Iron Works, Columbus, GA
For the 12th consecutive year, Avalon Catering is once again excited to be a part of the GO conference Farmer’s Feast in Columbus, Georgia. The theme of this year’s conference is Grits and Vigor, celebrating the demonstrated resilience of plant and soil and human communities under the care of sustainable farming practices.
Jenn Robbins, of Avalon Catering, is heading up the chef efforts by coordinating ingredients, dishes and chefs with conference organizer Crystal Leach. This year Avalon will prepare White Oak Pasture’s Lamb pate with Beer Mustard as well as Slow Roasted Riverview Farms Pork Shoulder with Winter Vegetable Kimchee salad and Chicharron.
Our Avalon kitchen crew, Jenn, Anu, Lee, Chris, Whitley and Kat will head to Columbus early Saturday morning, ready for dinner for 800! Other dishes include:
- Georgia Olive Oil Roasted Carrots with Scallions (vegan) – Jeffrey Tucker, JWT Catering
- Slow-roasted RVF pork with winter vegetable kimchee, chicharron – Cathy Conway and Jenn Robbins, Avalon Catering
- Winter greens and roasted vegetable salad – Faye Simmons, Meritage
- Curried Sparta Imperial Mushrooms in Pope Farms Tomatoes – Jamie Keating, Epic and JK Culinary, Inc.
- Anson Mills Jimmy Red grits with goat cheese and red peppers – Phil McCoy, 11th and Bay
- Smoked WOP guinea hens/chicken with Alabama white sauce – Chris Walters and James Jolly Historic Columbus Iron Works –
- Sour Cream Pound Cake with Richland Rum Crème Anglaise and Anson Mills Benne Crisp – Morten Wulff, Green Island Country Club
- Lemon Garlic Sautéed Kale (vegan) – Reid Harrison, White Oak Pastures